Friday, October 12, 2007

My view...

My view from my dad's hospital bed.....he's sound asleep in his recliner...iv full of antibiotics going in.....a dark sky outside with lights everywhere.....a low hum of nurses outside in the hallway.....the tick of the clock and a slight snore here and there.

I wish I could stop the clock. But what will be will be. My dad has pnuemonia. I'll keep the FCC blog updated. I don't know what this means..I just know that we know what we're treating now. And, I'm here all night long...keeping vigil. What an honor to watch over him. So many times during my childhood, it was the other way around.

One time, I had a really high fever and I needed an antibiotic. It was expensive and there was a snowstorm outside. My dad drove the 18 miles on country roads to get the medicine that I needed and he couldn't afford. I still remember him standing by my bedside with his dorky grandpa fluffy hat on, his winter parka and his cheerful voice saying, "You need it...I'm going to get it! That's what dad's do."

My heart aches for those who haven't had the love of a daddy. I've been blessed beyond measure.

2 comments:

Carla said...

Loving you girl and picturing you in these quiet moments wrapped in God's loving care.

-V- said...

Crying now... You've described where you are (physically and emotionally) so beautifully - almost feel like we're there with you. We are in prayer, friend. Thankful that at least they know what they're treating now (an answer to prayer)... will continue to pray.