Monday, October 15, 2007

Miracles

Do you believe in miracles? Because that's what it's going to take for my dad to get better. I feel like I'm riding on a teeter totter...remember those? One moment I'm up and I believe, the next, I'm on the ground in unbelief(usually because the other person jumped off quick and remember when you went crashing down to the ground). Right now, I'm crashed and I'm just so sad. It's hard to know where to put your thoughts. Is this just a hard time, and he'll pull through? Or is this the beginning of the end? Is this the best that he will get? I wish I knew, because then I could just deal with it. Instead....nobody knows. God does. I'm hanging on, don't worry. I'll always ride the teeter totter of belief because the alternative isn't very good. Life without God would be hopeless. But, there are times in our walk where life is just very hard and God hangs onto us.

11 comments:

LadyD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tia said...

Praying for you too, my beautiful friend. Even in your agony Jesus is all over your face. Remember how much we love you, but Jesus loves you more!

erin said...

I'm so sorry, Sheri.
I wish there was something I could do.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

kristi noser said...

I think you are doing an awesome job of doing what you're supposed to do. You're trusting in God, lovin' up your Pops and praying for a miracle. Don't stop believing. (can you hear Steve Perry?)

Anonymous said...

I love you, Sheri, and am praying for you. Hang in there.

zcoffeegirl said...

Kristi...yes I can hear him..he's in my head. Thanks.

-V- said...

"The inconsolable wound with which man is born waked and ached at this touching." - C.S. Lewis.

Praying for you, Sher.

kristi noser said...

Life is always better in a Journey song.

Reegz said...

Sheri
I can totally relate. Sitting by my dads hospital bed on the teeter totter. Its so frustrating and sad yet thank God He is sovereign. Hang in there-we are praying for you and your family!

Kara Jo said...

Sheri, my heart goes out to you.

Carla said...

Praying for you. You know that.