Saturday, October 27, 2007

Abba...Daddy

Like ants to a sugar pile....one large daddy kicked a football randomly in the air outside...two boys....a twelve year old...and an eight year old inside.....drop their spoons in their hot chocolate and run outside to be with their daddy.

All I want for Christmas this year is a letter from my own daddy. Just a letter expressing his heart.

And then, my mind goes to our Abba. He's already written the letter....the letter which tells us how much He loves us. And, although I am too tired to run to Him....I can lay my head on His lap. I can rest in the shelter of the Almighty.

2 comments:

Katie R. said...

I love that! I sometimes feel homesick to go HOME and just get a hug. I love your blog, Sheri.

-V- said...

Isn't it awesome how He's right there for us to lay back into when we're too tired to get up and run to Him. I love that too... Thank you, Lord!