Thursday, October 11, 2007

The best part...

The best part of yesterday was.....Dad was sitting in the recliner in his hospital room with his head back and his eyes closed, Mom was sitting on the other chair typing away on the laptop like a pro and I was curled up in my dad's hospital bed. No words, not even any music on in the backround. Just a quiet moment of peace...and a heart full of memories when it was just the three of us (my brothers are all alot older than me). I was loved like no other daughter. I am so thankful for my parents and the refuge that they gave me while I was growing up. The moment didn't last long as medical people kept coming in and the day spiraled a little out of control...but for the brief time....on my fridge it says...

we do not remember days...we remember moments.

5 comments:

erin said...

Twice now, this post has made me go, "Mmmmm..." out loud.
Reading it feels like a hug.

Carla said...

What a sweet snapshot of real love.

-V- said...

SO true, Sheri... Thanks for sharing your moment.

Katie R. said...

What a nice moment to remember.

Kim N. said...

Thanks for sharing. Isn't it amazing how God can bring such joy to something that isn't so enjoyable.