Monday, October 8, 2007

Money for grades....

Caleb, our 7th grader tonight at the dinner table.

"At my school, kids get money for A's and B's. I get a "good job!".

Dear Caleb,
That's right buddy! My dad didn't pay me! What's up with paying for school work? I seriously don't get it. Your reward is that you learned your stuff, and you have the grade to prove it. Keep those grades up and they'll save you money by giving you scholarships for college. Cuz, guess what, sweet thing...my daddy didn't pay for college either.

Love you....
Mom

5 comments:

kristi noser said...

Dear Sheri,
I loved getting money for good grades from my grandmother. I have continued the tradition for my children. $5 for a B and $10 for an A.
k

zcoffeegirl said...

Didn't mean to dis those who pay...especially a grandma...that is too sweet...good for you. I still can't do it. But, I'm happy for you! Or your children, that is.

Katie R. said...

Same type of thing with chores at our house. I figure the boy gets to live here so that IS his allowance for helping pick up and helping with laundry. Thankfully the money for grades topic hasn't come up yet.

erin said...

We didn't get paid for nothin'!
For all the above listed reasons. I guess I can't complain. I turned out ok...right?

Carla said...

Right Erin!!
I would have loved to have gotten paid for grades! But that would have made my sisters Feel Bad..