Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hope.....

Hope comes in many different forms:
1. A dad putting on those funny glasses with the nose and moustache attached and making a funny dance move.
2. Laughter while he watches Red Skelton with my boys.
3. The brightest rainbow that I've ever seen and my mom's voice in my head, "God always keeps his promises."
4. Belting Chris Tomlin's cd alone in the car....the song about the cross..."What can make a dying man, raise to life and whole again?"
5. Stable numbers of all blood counts for several days......
6. Color in my dad's cheeks...no more grayish tones.
7. A pastor telling his congregation about my dad in Haiti and all 400 of them pray for his healing.
8. Deacons willing to find an alternative clinic for my dad....
9. A church full of people, a small town, many friends checking his blog and praying...
10. Scriptures that tell of God's love and faithfulness
11. A husband who supports me running to Rochester and .....
12. Knowing that God loves my dad more than me.
13. Friends willing to help me do the practical things of life, watch my kids, make meals and even clean my house.

It all adds up to hope. It's terrible when you feel like hope is missing. When it returns, it is like a cool breeze on a humid day. Thanks, God.

1 comment:

-V- said...

Yes, thanks, God...