Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007...

Today my sweet Bethany used the pronoun "I" in a sentence for the first time. She is delayed in language and speaking of herself is a new concept. I asked her to go potty and she said, "Maaaaaoooummmmmm......I already did that." Hands in the air for emphasis. The cool part, Caleb was there to see it. We both looked at each other in astonishment.

Second milestone of the day: She tucked Faith (our 2 year old) into her big bed and I heard these words as she closed the door, "Goodnight, Honey." Pretend play....it's coming.

Since we heard about the big "D" in March, (diagnosis of autism), I've lamented to God about our little girl and wondered, prayed, petitioned for things like, will she ever play? Will she get go to college, will she get a job, get married, have children? I still don't know the answers to all of those questions. But for now, I am so thankful and celebrate our two milestones today.

6 comments:

Carla said...

God is going to do more than we could ever hope or pray for. Bethany is my favorite. Shhhh....don't tell anyone.

Swirlingeddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
-V- said...

Wow - your wisdom in living in today. Reminds me of Proverbs 31... Thanks for your example, friend.

Kelli said...

Thankful for baby steps from our babies.

Maybe there's a lesson there, huh?

kristi noser said...

Shhh...don't tell anyone, but she's my favorite too.

zcoffeegirl said...

She loves you guys...but I have to say Caleb is her favorite.