Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Smells.....

I've been given (note I didn't say blessed) with an extra sensitive sense of smell. It can work to my advantage sometimes...like when I smelled a dead mouse and nobody else did. My nose found it, behind the fridge. My family and friends often tease me and give me a hard time..and I want to tell them that it's not an attitude (of which I know I have many), it's a nose!!! Most of the time, I find this special gift annoying. Take last night for instance.......

My boys love to fish with their dad and Uncle Dave. I'm happy for them, I really am. Up until now, they used to fry the fish over at Grandma's and I would purposefully stay home. You see, I don't eat anything that swims..I cannot stand the smell. And what's worse than fish smell...is fish frying in hot grease. Saturday this all changed. They are frying the fish, in peanut oil, in my garage. I wouldn't let them cook it in the house. Even so....last night....I seriously got nauteous at the smell that would waft in every time they would open the garage door. Now...contrary to what I normally do, I purposefully kept my mouth shut all night. I didn't complain. When it came to clean up time, I opened the dishwasher so all the stinky fish stuff could go in..no I didn't touch it. I had candles going, windows opened (I know the heat is on....I was nauteous!)

Went to bed by 8 pm. after I sprayed sweet pea Bath and Body spray in my bedroom.....this morning I was pleasantly surprised that my house didn't smell anymore. But, when I went to get my one and only coat to run errands with my daughter this morning....it was hanging in the garage.......yep...it screams.....grease and fish. Now, I guess I've complained. Ugh.

2 comments:

erin said...

EEEW!
While I was in Scotland, I had kitchen clean up duty on Sunday and Monday evenings. The chef taught a cooking class on Sunday afternoons. One such class had to do with a GIGANTIC boiled salmon.
I'm not kidding--at least 25 lbs.
Yessiree, I got to do the dishes.
I smelled so badly of boiled fish that I stripped down to my underwear in the hallway outside our room and left my clothes out there for days. My roommates weren't thrilled with me.

LadyD said...

Time to take your coat to the Dry Cleaners my friend, Eeeewww is right Erin-L.