Monday, November 12, 2007

November 12, 2007

Three posts in one day...good grief.

I am finding myself not wanting to go to bed. In an hour and a half, November 12th, 2007 will be over. It may be just a day on your calendar, but it's my dad's 69th birthday today. I don't know if he will be here with me or with Jesus on November 12, 2008.

39 years ago ...my mom had a 30th birthday party for my dad. She went into labor the very next day and I was born. November 13, 1968. When the nurse came out into the waiting room, only two hours after my mom was admitted, my dad didn't believe that she had the right father. He told her she had the wrong man, because HIS wife is usually in labor for hours. I've never had much patience. It was me. My dad named me..and chose the spelling of my name...I never did find any stickers or mugs with my name spelled with one r and an i. I don't care. My mom wanted to name me Julie. After three boys and two miscarriages..they were pretty happy to have a healthy baby girl. I never once doubted their love for me.

My dad and I have always celebrated our birthdays together.

Dad...I'm going to need you when I turn 40 next year. This year is our "9"s...let's do the next decade together.

I love you.
(I'm not typing your nickname for me....too embarrassing....that's our secret.)

11 comments:

Katie R. said...

Happy Birthday Sheri, to you and your daddy!

Tia said...

Happiest of Birthdays Sheri!

I can feel your pain with the name thing. T-I-A--not very common. Thank goodness for my mom. Dad wanted to name my Sunshine. Sunshine VanDerWerf. I always hated my name growing up...but it could have been worse.

Thank you God, for loving us...different spellings and all!

Kelli said...

My birthday wish for you:
1. Sunshine
2. No (or abbreviated) lists
3. Laughter
4. The love of your family all around you like a blanket.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOU YOUNGSTER!

-V- said...

I hope your b-days are sweet and memorable in a precious and and laughter-filled way...

Joey said...

Yesterday was the one-year anniversary of my proposal to my now-wife. :)

Today is the 15th anniversary of a horrible car accident that my entire family went through together. :(

So...happy birthday!! Because that's way more fun than remembering a bad car accident!

Sweet post :)

Carla said...

Happy Almost 40! :)

erin said...

Happy Birthday!

kristi noser said...

Happy birthday Sheri! We really do need to know the nickname now...

Anonymous said...

Hey I didn't know you were older than me! Wow, who would have guessed. And you don't have blog the nickname just let me know as we pass by next time =)

Happy Birthday
Farfie

Reegz said...

I totally missed it! Happy belated birthday Sheri! Your posts make me cry. I love them. Prayers to ya sister!

zcoffeegirl said...

Thanks, everyone. Not saying the nickname just yet. Too embarrassing.