Monday, November 12, 2007

Nuke'em...

A special friend of mine taught me this trick this summer. It makes me so happy and it is so quick. Try it!

Rice Krispie Bars..in the microwave.
Get a huge plastic bowl from the dollar store. (Not bigger than your microwave.)
Place 1/4 C butter in the bowl. Nuke for 30 seconds.
Swish the melted butter all around the bowl.
Dump in a whole bag of marshmellows (not the cheap Walmart brand..uck.)
Nuke for 3 minutes on power 8. They will be all fluffy.
Spray your spatula with Butter Spray (Pam) and whip the marshmellows up with the butter.
Dump in 6 C of Rice Krispies. Stir.
Pour in a pan (that was sprayed).
Done!
In four minutes...you have a great snack for the kids...quick dessert for whatever. I've eaten two whole rows already...big deal..it's cereal.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheri, this is how I have always made Rice Krispie bars and I love it! It's so quick, isn't it?

erin said...

I've been thinking about this post for two days now.
I actually didn't even know you could make them on the stove.
Go fig.

p.s. I'm on my way home to make them TONIGHT!