Friday, November 2, 2007

Old Fisher Price Toys...

I started collecting these from garage sales when my 12 year old was little. I have two huge plastic bins full of them. (airport, town, people, plane, bus, I don't know...)It's the town with the smaller people that are now outdated because they are supposedly a choking hazard. I still don't know how a kids would get that thing lodged...anyway....should I get rid of them? And where...I know they are worth money..not that it really matters. I've seen them in antique stores. I'm just thinkin...could be something to create more space. Will I be sorry? Will the girls play with them? My mom has my original house and schoolhouse, so I was trying to collect a "town" and I have that. Now, do I want it? Thoughts?

9 comments:

Tia said...

I literaly just packed up all of E's Fisher Price stuff on Thursday. I love the toys, and am going to store them in the garage for future kids or neices or nephews.

My Father-in-law sells toys at auctions...if your interested he may sell your too. (Especially the older ones).

Let me know girl!

-V- said...

Unless you can get good $ for the old stuff... I have a toddler on the way. ;-) She'll be old enough to not have to worry so much about the choking thing... No pressure though - we already have tons of toys, and will be getting lots more. ;-)

zcoffeegirl said...

Oh, Vonda! That brings me so much joy! Let me double check with the boys and make sure it's alright with them. I don't care about the money. If it would welcome Eva home with fun toys..that just makes my heart so happy. I'll get back to you.

Tia said...

Yay! Great Solution. I have the FP dollhouse with the mom, dad and baby for you too Vonda. If you want them.

-V- said...

Sure - sounds like fun! We won't be collecting a lot of used toys, in general - just because it's 'our turn now' and we want to create our own playroom for her. But we like this type of FP stuff specifically - and sounds like it's in good condition still so if you're looking to find a home for it, we're adopting. :-) Thanks, guys!

Kelli said...

When I was expecting my first, a couple of women from church garage-saled for all sorts of FP stuff, washed it and bagged it up IN A LAWN AND LEAF BAG!! That was one of the best presents ever!

Gotta love passing down the toys.

Reegz said...

I tried to bring some to Once Upon a Child and evertone was like "RECALL!" Choking, suffocating, attacking, the child and etc. Sounds like you found a home for them but definitley don't waste your time and energy going there!

zcoffeegirl said...

Thanks for the tips...yeah..I still don't get how they are chokable....maybe a giant baby with a giant mouth and a giant throat.....oh well.

Tia said...

Maybe those specific toys can be only "mommy and girls" special play time. Play while you are there to supervise and play with the girls. I had a few boy things that Brian and Ethan played with--only at the kitchen table. It worked out well.