Friday, November 16, 2007

Lasagna

You won't believe it..it has literally taken me two days to make lasagna. Well, three if you count the day that I couldn't make it past getting the cans out of the cupboard (that perimenopausal day and no I don't feel like figuring out the link button thing)...anyway...so I made the homemade sauce yesterday and after it was simmering, scorched the first pan, and into the second heavier one, I realized it had to simmer for 45 minutes, then assemble, then cook for two hours. I wasn't going to make it in time for dinner. Threw it in the fridge.

Day two (or three depending on how you look at it). It has taken me an hour and a half to cook the noodles, mix the cheese thing, slice the mozz., realized that I added the oregano and parsley to the red sauce instead of the white cheesy stuff...laugh..oh well...finally, get it all together. Can't think straight on what to layer where, so write it out in vertical fashion in my cookbook...Oh, and I made two pans, one to give away or throw in the freezer. Put the parchment paper on first (so the cheese doesn't stick), throw on the aluminim foil. Done!

Look in the sink and find 6 noodles in my drainer. My lasagnas are both light on the noodles..I missed the whole stinkin layer.

I think I'm going to go for easier fare from now on. Can't wait until this fuzziness goes away! Think I should be driving?

8 comments:

-V- said...

Ha! Glad to see you're giving yourself grace, friend; you've had some important life things taking over your 'front burner' lately. The rest of the 'day to day' stuff is doing its darndest to function in the background. I'm sure your 'burners' will get straight again in time... :-)

Anonymous said...

You cooked on a fuzzy day? I usually can't make if off the coach and holler next time you need something, I will gladly make something and deliver.

Farf

LadyD said...

Drive Anyway- I have had to pull over twice in the last 2 weeks because I realized I didn't know where I was going! Hope you don't get as fuzzy as me- Way to cook a nutricious Low Carb meal for your family! Good Mom! L.

Carla said...

It's going to be just fine. All is well.

Katie R. said...

Lasagna layers and ingredients mess me up on a good day.

Kara Jo said...

Wow, I'm impressed--you attempted TRUE homemade lasagna. I'm impressed with myself when I just use a jar of Prego, and I don't even cook my noodles first. And hey, I've forgotten a layer here and there, too. Just last week when I made it, I forgot the sauce on the bottom (extra important when not cooking the noodles first.) I made Wade team up with me to do transplant surgery to layer it all correctly in a new pan. What a pain. Tasted good, though, as I'm sure yours did, too!

Kelli said...

My mom always saved lasagna for "special" occasions because it was so hard. I never got that. Whenever I made it it was no big deal.

Now, I get it. I have never tried it while dealing with premenopause, grief and all the stuff you and she were dealing with at the time...fuzzy. I get it.

Stick with microwaved Rice Krispie Bars.

zcoffeegirl said...

So we ate the lasagna and it was really good...low carb..I like that..so we used extra bread for the extra sauce! LOL...
Thanks, Farf..I'll keep that one in my back pocket. You come over anytime. I'd love it.