Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Memories from 2006....

We have a tradition at our house in how we open the Christmas stockings. On Christmas morning, the little munchkins wake up, get their stocking, and jump in bed with Mom and Dad and open it right away. They don't have to wait for any other siblings to wake up. Our kids love this.

One of my favorite parts is capturing big Daddy on video camera half awake and his hair all messed up. Every year...he looks the same..well, maybe a little less hair. I love it.

Anyway..last year...the Davester awoke extra early. He appeared at our bedside at 1 a.m. with "Merry Christmas!". It's time for Christmas!!!

We now have a tradition with a rule. Nobody up before 6:30 a.m.

4 comments:

kristi noser said...

I remember waking up at three am to show my parents what Santa gave me. I bet they wished they would have told us Santa wasn't real, huh?

Kelli said...

I remember that excitement! Practically the only day of the year that I couldn't wait to get out of bed...

Oranges and peanuts (in the shell) in our stockings. And "Roundhouse Hats" (a chocolate-covered cone-shaped bit of numminess).

Carla said...

How sweet is that? All of our family Christmas pictures show the Streams with glasses and jammies and messed up hair. It's Christmas law, I think.

Reegz said...

Kelli, you just dated yourself. What did you get?