Monday, December 17, 2007

Cricket Drama, Part 2...

I can't believe I'm blogging about crickets..but this is really kind of cool. Maybe those of you who want to catch your own crickets, can try this at home!

I was cleaning out David's room (a.k.a. The Davester) and he has this bulletin board that sits on the floor. Behind the bulletin board was a few tape rolls of duct tape (we don't ask why). Attached to the duct tape were about 8 dead brown crickets!

This can only lead me to believe that I do not need Mr. Orkin to set traps in my basement any longer! I can make my own duct tape traps for a fraction of the cost!

Duct tape lives on...in yet another household..to serve us faithfully...in yet..another new capacity. Will it never end?

11 comments:

-V- said...

I feel sad for the crickets. Can't help it. They sing so pretty...

Katie R. said...

I like bugs.
Yes I do.
I like bugs.
How 'bout you?

I even made up my own song. I still plan on sucking up, with my trusty vaccuum, any and all bugs and/or insects that dare venture in my house. I'm sorry they creep me out.

I'm happy about the duct tape traps. Do we know what's happening to the stuck crickets yet?

zcoffeegirl said...

I'm sorry, V. If it makes you feel any better, I don't think the brown ones sing. They just jump out in front of you when you walk on your brown carpet...and you don't see them..and it's creepy. Very creepy.

K - the stuck crickets..it remains a mystery. No Davester. It has to be either spiders or they wiggled their way free, yet I hardly believe that since they were pretty stiff. I'm voting for spiders because the thought of a snake...now THAT really creeps me out.

erin said...

Ish.
OK, it took until NOW for me to be grossed out.

zcoffeegirl said...

Sorry, Erin. That's actually pretty good for a prego lady.

kristi noser said...

Ok I know the answer--and this one will REALLY creep you out!(you're welcome) The big crickets actually made like a wolf in a snare and CHEWED THEIR OWN LEGS OFF to get free. Waht you have now are big crickets dragging themselves around your house by their antennae. I have to go call PETA now.

kristi noser said...

Yeah, I know how to spell "what". Don't make me go to that woman's spelling class again.

zcoffeegirl said...

Kristiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!

Somewhere in the recesses of my brain, I'm going to think of this every night when it's dark and I know that they are active.....they are nocturnal. Nasty.

This is for the banana peel comment, isn't it?

What does Erin say? BoogetyEww!

zcoffeegirl said...

Oh, and I think if you write the word "what" 20 times, you'll be excused.

theswamphare said...

Maybe it's zombies! Did Orkin check for those? My other thought is ghosts; a quick way to check and see if you have ghosts is to look under furniture for 'dust bunnies', those are actually ghost poop.

Hope this helps.

zcoffeegirl said...

Thank you so much, Swampy. I am relieved beyond measure...ghosts. Much better than snakes.