Sunday, December 2, 2007

Best friends...

So, I'm feeling "foggy" again (my word for struggling with depressive like tendencies). I was on the phone with one of my best friends, sitting in my truck, right before I was to go into the church today for Latte's big event of the year. As I sat there...she was trying to cheer me up....and we started laughing at a previous conversation a few months back when I was having another foggy day. It went something like this.

BF (best friend) "Hey, Christmas is coming....that's happy."

Me, "No it's not..tears start to stream...Christmas is really sad...Jesus had to come to this crummy earth as an innocent little baby and then he suffered and died all because I am a wretched sinner. It's all my fault." (tears still streaming)

BF, "Huh...I guess the angels had it wrong then."

Oh...we were craffing (laughing/crying). You know what I love about best friends? They just love you right where you are....no speeches...just total unconditional love.

Thanks, BF for the craffing today in the truck. Hoping this fog lifts in the morning.

5 comments:

Carla said...

Sorry sweets. I am sorry you were foggy.
The concert was awesome and everything was beautiful and all is well, Sheri.

erin said...

Ah...there's nothing better than a friend who takes you as you are.
I hope you are feeling better, friend.

zcoffeegirl said...

Thanks...it's lifting. The fog is replaced by continual tears, but I'd rather deal with that than the fog. I really hate the fog.

zcoffeegirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
zcoffeegirl said...

My DH surprised me with my favorite Dunn Brother's dark roast coffee this morning. He said he wanted to brighten up my Monday. Thanks, DH. You're the best.