Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Blog, Schmog.....

Ever feel like you've got so much that you want to write about that you just freeze up? That's me.

I'll choose one thing......

Today, after wrestling my two toddlers to Target in the cold, an emergency trip to the bathroom in the middle of our shopping...we finally get through the check out..ready to go. Can't find Bethany's hat. I spent way too much money on her hat because of her sensory issues. She picked one out that had "fuzzy balls" on it. We walked all the way to the customer service desk..they were crabby..no, they didn't have the hat. I had my two in tow, (that's almost poetic), and was headed back into Target to retrace all of our steps (yes, it was noon...lunch time....) and what do I hear?

An elderly lady, bundled up from the cold, waving a hat in the air, "Hat! Is this anybody's hat?" I never thought I'd be so happy to see puffy balls being waved in the air! I ran up to her, gave her a hug and told her she was my special angel today. She said she found it in the parking lot, and was going to walk it to the service desk. She then proceeded to talk to my girls and tell me that she's a great grandma and just made a bunch of similar hats for all her grandchildren.

Thank you, thank you, dear angel in Target. Thank you for making an extra trip, in the cold, for a stranger.

Sometimes it's the "little things" that are encouraging.

6 comments:

erin said...

Oh, man. I love it.
That's such a great story. : )

Carla said...

I love a good hat with puffy balls story!! What a sweet pea.

-V- said...

Man, that hat has balls! (Sorry - nothing like re-entering blogland with a bang). Love your joy, Sher.

kristi noser said...

most of the time it's the "little things" that are oh so bloggable!

Anonymous said...

I love people like that. I always say a special prayer of blessing for them--praying God will make Himself known to them or bless them for their thoughtfulness. Just like people who let you in when you are merging on in traffic or people who smile at you when inside you are feeling like crud...etc. I am so glad you got your special hat back.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet lady. I'm so glad she picked up the hat and you got it back. I hope to be that kind of person.