Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm alive....

Hey, thanks for missing me, Katie, Laura. I'm here. Just juggling a lot right now. I miss my blog friends! I'm behind on everyone, but haven't forgotten where I came from. I'll be back. A few details....

Working hard to make lists, schedules, for kids, to help our home run smoother, trying to ramp up Bethany's autism therapy at home, the biggest Latte event of the year on Saturday, Caleb turns 13 tomorrow, and flying out Sun. a.m. for my husband's 25 year reunion at Moody. Yes, you read that right. I married an older man. I'm the younger woman..forever. LOL

And, honestly, it's taken me a couple of weeks to recover from my dad's sermon. I got stuck after part 2. It was too painful to write anymore. Usually writing is therapeutic for me, but not this time.

My dad's numbers are down and he's going for a bone marrow test tomorrow to see how far the cancer has progressed. Working through anxiety and fears and crying out to God for peace as I learn to trust that He's in control.

When people email me, I'm responding in sound bites, short phrases. I kind of just feel like I don't have time. You can probably tell by this post.

I'll be back, I'm trying to take it all to God, do the next thing, and trust.

So, when the cloud lifts, the details of life settle down, I will be back. I miss you guys.

7 comments:

Carla said...

Miss you too, sweet Sheri.

Katie R. said...

Still praying for you and your family. Thinking about you. :)

Anonymous said...

Sheri, I'm praying for you. Love you!

LadyD said...

Good to hear your voice~
Sorry about your Dad, I hope it all goes well today.
I figured you were just majorly busy~
Which you are.
You have such a great relationship with your Dad- It is a blessing for those of us to hear about your love, for those of us who don't have that-
L.

-V- said...

Miss you too girl and in awe of how much you've got going right now + being able to do this post. You are an amazing woman and I love how you do life with Him. That's the important stuff...

Andrea said...

I'm thinking of you! Hope things get settled before your trip. See you Sat! :)

NoOtherName said...

Sheri- I am just now catching up on your life and the status of your dad. Your post on God's sovereignty and grace brought my own tears and I am so sorry for all of your grief right now. There are no words to make it better, but my heart is with you.

And if you are ever able to write more about it, I would very much love to hear more about your dad's sermon. Someday.