Saturday, May 10, 2008

Snakes...

Bethany is now using the bathroom all by herself, the flush, the handwashing, all of it. This is a big deal of independence in our home. At school, they taught her to rub the palms of her hands together as she washes them under water and to prompt her, they say, "Make a snake." I thought that was so clever. So the other day, as she was washing her hands, she wasn't rubbing them together. So, I said, "Make a snake!"

In her low voice she said matter of factly, "It doesn't work."

My literal baby...cracked me up.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Poor Bethany...maybe she really wanted a snake as a pet. :)

LadyD said...

I'm sitting here trying it and you know, I am just not really seeing a snake.
My Mom laughs at me cause I always tell the kids to get under their nails. I make them scratch the fingernails of one hand into the soap on the other palm and then switch and do the other side. Not sure why she thinks it is so dumb, bacteria hides under those little nails- Especially my 5 year old nose picker!

Katie R. said...

Not much you can say to that. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Too cute.

Carla said...

Rub your hands together, please. Your literal baby might like that better. :)

erin said...

I read this whole post outloud to my mom, except for the last line. She said, "She is so literal!"
Haha.