Thursday, May 8, 2008

Duct not Duck

I had a good day today...wanna know why? The duct work guys came today and vacuumed out all of my cruddy nasty dust in my duct work. I had a hard time saying "duct" on the phone today..sounded like duck. Anyway..all winter, when the furnace would kick in, we'd have that smell of burned dust, all winter..yes you read that right. Not just when we initally turned the thing on. All winter.

Now..it's clean..and it's spurned other cleaning and organizing. Call it cleaning therapy, whatever. It just felt good to control something..even if it was just dust.

No yard work yet, though.

Kelli...wanna trade? I'll organize, spring clean, and you can do flower beds in Afton.


Deal or no deal?

7 comments:

Kelli said...

How 'bout we do 'em together??

I've been on the push with the cleaning lately, too. Threw out half dead plants yesterday (always been hard for me to do). Scrubbed the plant stand (how many years' worth of dust on THAT thing? Ugh). Weeded the flower bed and mowed the front lawn yesterday.

Katie R. said...

Sheri we so need that done at our house. Don't even want to know the "yuck" that's in there.

Have to get the house all cleaned before they come though. Ya know, kind of like if we had a maid I'd clean before she came to clean? silly.

LadyD said...

I do flower beds!
I'd love to help you guys, we could have Mikayla babysit.....

Oh Ya. When my strep is gone.

football freak said...

Katie..I know..I scrubbed my kitchen floor before they came..big mistake. Dust everywhere ....might as well wait on that.

L...Flowerbeds in 2009, kay? When your'e 100%...

Me..not football boy...too lazy to sign out and start over.

Carla said...

Duct is pronounced duck. Thereyago.

zcoffeegirl said...

Carla..you are soo right! I was actually thinking about this one today..in my slow almost 40ish mind. We say duck tape. Not ductttt tape. You are so smart.

Carla said...

When you are 42 you will be as smart as me. as I. as your friend Carla.