Sunday, September 30, 2007

Rainy Days and Sundays.....

The girls are alseep, the boys are at a "the" football game...the house is quiet. I'm in my favorite t-shirt that says, "It's all about me." Now, if you are a mother, you know that THAT statement is a very funny joke. I'm home sick with two toddlers. Need I say more? Yep..this cold turned a nasty corner yesterday morning..sorry to my cell group that was here on Friday night...hope I didn't spread the love too much.

My mom went to church this morning for the first time alone without my dad. Her church family is surrounding her with so much love. One woman has adopted my dad, she calls him "Pops" in private...we'll name her Sue. Sue and her sweet husband picked my mom up, even though she lives across the street, and walked in with her and watched over my sweet mom while she faced into a little more reality of my dad's cancer. I cannot imagine what it was like for her. Sitting in a pew, looking up at the front and not seeing her pastor/husband and knowing that this is going to be the norm. My mom is a very brave woman. She will face into this like she has everything else in her life and she will come out on the other side praising Jesus. But, as she's facing into this, if God ever brings her to mind, would you pray this prayer with me? I know it's a little long, so you could just tell God, "ditto" or something. He knows.

Dear Jesus,
I am asking you to watch over my mom. I know that You do, but please pay special attention to her in the next days, weeks, and months to come. Surprise her with Your grace and mercy. Show her Your love in ways that she could never have imagined possible.

Give her the physical strenth that she needs I ask a special healing on her knees. It doesn't seem fair that she has to struggle physically now as well as emotionally.

Keep her faith strong as she faces the strongest test yet. May you give her the hope and peace that only You can give her. Shower her with it, Jesus. May she identify with You in more intimate ways and may You become sweeter as You turn her ashes into something beautiful.

Make this last chapter of her marriage the most precious yet. Give them laughter through the tears, thankfulness and contentment as they face into this time. Only You can do that, Jesus. Put a hedge of protection around them against the enemy. Make this their shining moment. Your best display yet. As people watch how they suffer, may You be glorified. Help them to desire that even on bad days when their hearts are breaking.

And Jesus, when she is laying her head down at night to sleep, whisper in her ear how much you love her. That above all, she is Your daughter and You love her and will never ever leave her. Let her mind be at peace. Help her to know that all the love that she's shown to her children and to her husband matters. That her children rise and call her blessed. Let her know that she also has run the race in a manner that is pleasing to You and has made a mark on us all for eternity.

Keep Your eye on Your daugher, Jesus. And, tell her that we all love her so very much and we're proud of her.

Amen

6 comments:

Carla said...

Amen.

Katie R. said...

That's beautiful. I'll "ditto" your prayer and the amen. I'll add a ps to help you over the cold, too.

kristi noser said...

Sheri, I love your heart for your mom. I'm going to "post" a box of Kleenex by my computer.

football freak said...

Mom, I hope you can find comfort in reading your bible and I hope that bapa and mimi can have another five years together.

zcoffeegirl said...

Thanks, son. Yes..you all read it...football freak has his own blog!! We've birthed a blog. Makes a mama proud.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this, Sheri. I'm praying for your dear mom.