Thursday, September 27, 2007

Bloggers...fess up for me, please.

I am psychotic. I was so excited last night about actually having started a blog...all by myself....might I add...that I could hardly sleep. I woke up with the same excitement and ran to my computer. Sure enough, I had one post already at 7 a.m.! Carla..what's up with the 4 a.m. thing, girl? Get some sleep! Anyway...all day long I was looking forward to when my chillins would be in bed and I could blog some more. What would I write about? I wrote so many blogs in my head...good ones, I might add....and now, they have all escaped me. One thought that I am pondering is, how much time does a blogger spend a day writing, reading and responding to blogs? I am thinking that this could be quite addicting for my introverted self who is a stay at home mom. It is a like a window out of my small little world. Dangerous stuff, this bloggging. Okay, if anyone dares...what's an average amount of time. Do you limit yourself? Do you have certain times of the day that are devoted to bloggville? Do you spend time all day long writing, editing, and thinking of different blogs? Is all of this just part of the honeymoon phase of blogging? I know, I need a life. But for now, I'm happy to have joined the bloggers.

6 comments:

Carla said...

Hi my name is Carla and I'm addicted to blogging.(HI CARLA)I usually post in the wee hours of the morning. Maybe during naptimes. When all of the kiddos are in bed. I use Bloglines My Feeds which lets me know when my peeps have posted something.
I spend WWAAAAYYYYY too much time out here. :O
I must confess it adds up to probably 2 hours altogether. GASP

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to what you said about writing blogs in your head and they disappear when you sit down to type them up!

Kim N. said...

ditto on the blogs in my head and not typed on my computer!

kristi noser said...

ABSOLUTELY NO MORE than 24 hours in a day. That's the limit.

zcoffeegirl said...

See, Carla...you're doing great! Okay, it could be two hours a day on mindless TV or actively engaging your brain with your friends. No gasping. You need all the oxygen to take care of the kiddos.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm scared. This is my first blogging experience. I don't ahave a blog, and I have never commented on one, so...WHOA Nelly! Sherri - I don't have a blog (yet) for the very reasons you have raised in your "Bloggers Fess up" thought piece. I have enough things clamoring for my time in any given day, and while I could see the fun and usefulness in this wonderful way to communicate with many, I think I would be opening up Pandora's box for myself in terms of spending too much time doing it, or perhaps trying to be too hard to come up with profound things to say - I dunno! Maybe someday I'll feel safe enough to let my thoughts loose for the whole world to see. For now, I'll just enjoy reading yorus!

Love 'ya Lots!