Friday, September 28, 2007

Ticked Off...ranting of a new blogger

Okay...I don't appreciate the crude anonymous comment left on my Dear Husband post. I'm not sure if it was a joke or if someone meant it for real. I suppose that's what I get for putting myself out there on the web. I could use some advice from fellow bloggers. I don't seem to have the little trash can icon to help me delete unwanted posts. So, I have selected to have all of my posts first go to my email then I can choose what should be posted or not. Is there an easier route? I was unable to just delete the anonymous post, so I deleted the whole stinking thing. Not sure if I really want to do this blog thing. Maybe I'll just write the stupid book and be done. I could use a different name. How about "anonymous"...wait....that's not a name!!!! Chicken. If you're going to write something stupid, at least attach a name to it.

6 comments:

zcoffeegirl said...

Okay...now I see the little trash cans. Must've had my blog in a different mode. I'm still mad.

Unknown said...

The cowardly and foolish anonymous blogger. He/She (It) is everywhere. I am sorry this happened.

There are a few measures you can implement to discourage anonymous from commenting but it seems he always finds a way to deliver the sting.

But rest assured, here is the good part, NO ONE is ever anonymous on the net! NO one! There are site traffic tracking tools that you can put on your blog that logs all visitors to your site. You won't get a name but you'll get enough information about anonymous to fight back. On a good note, you may make a new friend. That is what happened with Carla.

Google Site Meter and sign up for a free account. I can help you install the tracker if you run into troubles. Just contact me.

Once again, I am sorry.

Carla said...

Can't wait to see more of your thoughts coffeegirl!!

Katie R. said...

Ahh Maaan! That's not any fun. I'm sorry you had a bad experience and I could understand why you'd have reservations about pursuing your blog career.:) I'm really excited to read your blog though and would love for you to continue.

Anonymous said...

Stinkers.

Way to be support staff, Pat.

kristi noser said...

Sher,
You have to be signed in to be able to see the little trash cans. We all get chicken---- people on our blogs that slap and run.
Don't be discouraged by the discouragers!
We need to hear your thoughts and welcome your posts.