Thursday, February 28, 2008

Davester goes on a field trip...

I accompanied the Davester on a field trip today. The three other little boys in our group were quite busy. David said, "We've got the squirrely ones in our group, Mom. Just please, don't embarrass me by like, you know, getting that sargeant voice on and yelling at them!"

What? Me????? I restrained myself and was maybe even a little bit passive in handling the squirrels of out respect for my son. I kept my eye on them and made sure that they didn't get lost. I held back many times when I wanted to....quietly admonish them. I think David thought I was being too passive because at one point, he bursted out with...

"Hey! My mom used to be a teacher! She knows how to handle kids real well."

I think that did the trick. Squirrels were quiet all the way home.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Haha! ...getting that sergeant voice on... I love it! Glad you didn't get too PO'd. ;)

kristi noser said...

I don't think I've ever heard the Sargeant Voice. I hope you oblige me next time we meet, I don't want to be missing out ya know.

zcoffeegirl said...

You got it, Kristi...you might have to tick me off first, though.

Katie R. said...

Moms could rule the world...if they weren't so busy doing the mom thing.

kristi noser said...

I know a couple buttons...

Kara Jo said...

Yeah, I'm curious about the sargeant voice as well. :)

zcoffeegirl said...

I'm afraid you'd have to come to my house around dinner time and you'd hear it..on.a.daily.basis.

Buttons? Yeah..you probably, do El Presidente.

All you'd really have to do is make loud, chaotic noises, run around me and get in my space. That pretty much does it every time. (This is why I don't have a dog currently.)

zcoffeegirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.