Thursday, December 18, 2008

Faith...

I bought this Vinyl lettering today at JoAnn's.....I'm going to put it somewhere in our family room.

Faith...is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light.


I like this because I'm tired of all the old sayings..I won't quote them because my luck, they're probably in scripture. One way that I've been making peace with my dad's cancer is to realize that we live in a world that's broken. What if I taught that to my children? The reason we need Jesus is because everything is broken. Chris Tomlin's song comes to my mind..."He wraps Himself in light, and darkness tries to hide...".

We aren't promised life without disease, or autism or anencephaly. We are promised to have troubles. But, we can take hope in the fact that Jesus came to overcome this. He is the light. All hope then, is in Him. He promises to never leave us. To always be with us It doesn't matter if I feel it or not. I can still believe this with my whole heart. Little by little my heart is warming up again to this truth.

It's such a process.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, Sheri. I've been thinking about the same thing lately. We live in a broken, sinful world. Yet there is hope.

Thanks for sharing your insight.

Carla said...

Ah, Sheri. Wise, wise words. I am glad God sees beyond my longing for a trouble-free life to give me more of Himself.

I do really want to go home though. It gets harder and harder to be here.

LadyD said...

I am glad you are dealing with it and not stuffing it, I am such a stuffer, and it's not working for me......
Someday~
Hope you had fun shopping, it feels so good to be done, doesn't it:)

zcoffeegirl said...

K - fun to see you on the blog.
C - Life is hard..and I think that longing can help us to focus on why we're here. Heaven is such a reality and I am realizing more and more that this time on earth is so very short. So...then, how do I live out my day? Kicking things out of frustration..yes.....thankfully it was a bag, and not a child. But after the deep emotion, I'm thankful that there is a place to go. And I don't have to have it all together to get there. The cross is for broken people. That's me.
L - yeah..stuffing is not good. Letting it all out isn't either..it's hard to take care of "life". I'm trying to eek out more and more...little bits at a time. Thanks to a good friend's advice....stuffing just made me angry at all the wrong things/people.