Sunday, March 22, 2009

Davester...


This is the Davester. He is fun, energetic, a fighter, a singer, and a great communicator. This is his story of his experience at church today. It went down something like this:

"So, David, how was church for you today?"
"I had the worst Sunday School experience today of my life!"
"Really? What happened?"

"Well, it all started when they lined us up and had us number off and then put us all at tables according to our numbers. I had to sit at a table with all girls! All my friends got to sit together. It got worse when they told us to come up with a name for our table. The teacher called on a girl sitting by me and she named our team the "Kitty Cats"! My friends? They named their team the "Packers!". I was laughing and kind of sad all at the same time and my eyes welled up with tears! Every time our team got a point I'd say....yessss..the Kitty Cats are fighting back!"

"Then..Mom...you're not going to believe what happens next. We always write down prayer requests on a piece of paper and at the end of class, the teacher hands one to everyone. We're supposed to pray for one another. Guess which one I got! The girl who named our team! Here's what it says:

Please pray for my cat she is getting old. She is 81. Her name is Jenny but I call her Kitty. I love her alot!!! And..that's not all. there's a picture of a cat on top of the page. Now I know why she named our team that!"

"So David...what do you think God is trying to teach you in all of this?"

Fourteen year old brother pipes up, "Be patient with women."

2 comments:

kristi noser said...

True, Caleb, very true. However, patience with 81 year-old cats is also something to think about.

Jennifer Nordin, LMT, CPT said...

Oh my goodness, this made me laugh out loud!!!